The Catamounts Sing Their Hearts Out at the Winter Chorus Concert

Katie Hollering, Reporter

The Panther Creek High School Chorus brought down the house with their amazing winter concert this December. The auditorium was filled with music from different lands both traditional and contemporary commemorating the season. Mr. Benson and his dedicated ensembles performed many holiday favorites and continue to impress with their talent and range.

The packed auditorium rang with the sweet sounds of Hanukkah with the medley; Five Hebrew Love Songs by E. Whitacre, sung by the Women’s ensemble and Hine Ma Tov arrangement by N. Ginsberg, sung by the Mixed Chorus. The concert also highlighted music from different cultures and countries such as the wonderful Puerto Rican carol; A La Media Noche arranged by J. Szymko and Betelehemu, a beautiful Nigerian carol sung by the combined Panther Creek choirs. Not to be forgotten were recent hits and showstoppers, Deck the Halls brilliantly performed by the PCHS Chamber Choir and Last Christmas by Panther Creek’s own acapella group, The Catatones.

The passion that the Panther Creek choirs have for music is evident.  When interviewed about what it is that inspires senior Lauren Atherton to perform and be part of the chorus, she replied, “I love people from all different backgrounds coming together to make music.”  Sophmore Amanda Coole, a member of the women’s ensemble, summed up the spirit of the holiday concert best with her excitement of the song Underneath the Tree, “I just really love to jam out to it!”. The Panther Creek Winter Chorus Concert was truly amazing and filled with many talented people.