Fearless Catamount Hobbies

Ian Noerenberg skateboarding

Shelby Stovall, Reporter

The teenage years are said to be some of the best years of a person’s life.  Panther Creek has a student body with a wide variety of interests, ranging from theatre arts to a sports team. But there’s also many students who have some hobbies you wouldn’t expect. Hobbies such as rock climbing, skateboarding, and mountain biking.  PCNN asked some of the daredevils of the school to expand on their fearless interests.

Just as any hobby, these bold pastimes require passion and dedication.,  These activities teach you how to persevere and strive to be better.  Junior Jack Storment, enjoys rock climbing in his free time.  When asked what he likes most about rock climbing, he says, “I enjoy the end result after pushing through the climb and finally making it to the top.  I started off not being able to climb many difficult routes, but after pushing myself to do better I have been able to progressively get better at climbing more difficult climbs.”  There’s no feeling like the feeling of success after hard work.

Another huge part of daring activities is the adrenaline rush you get form it.  Junior Max Browne, shared his thoughts on mountain biking with us.  Browne mentioned how he l

I can do it

— Max Browne

oves to go fast downhill over steep obstacles and feeling the rush he gets from it.  He added that he just says “I can do it” to himself, clears his head, and just goes.  This has brought him a lot of progress and success, and he hopes to continue in the future.  Senior Ian Noerenberg, who has been skateboarding for about five years, enjoys it because he likes just spending time with his friends and succeeding at something he’s been working hard for.

Panther creek i the home of many talented students that can do all kinds of different exhilarating activities like skateboarding, rock climbing, and mountain biking.  The feeling of success and the adrenaline rush makes the risk worth it to these daring students.  When will you take your next risk?