Panther Creek gets new TV’s

Michael Flynt, Reporter

Recently at Panther Creek High School 12 lucky classrooms got a big shiny new addition to their walls. Selected classrooms on Panther Creeks campus got brand new 75” Sharp Smart TV’s that can cost over $1,500 retail. Teachers are able to connect their laptops or phones straight to the TV and display lessons on the big screens.

We asked some students their opinion’s of the new TV’s. When we asked Alec Dumas (10) if he knew of the cost of the TV’s, he replied “no” but guessed somewhere around $850. We then asked him if it was a good spend and he said “ no, it is a waste of money”. We asked Gabby Rogers(10) the same questions and she answered “no” to both.

These Smart TV’s are going to replace the projectors that were getting too expensive to fix. A light bulb for one projector can cost around $200 to replace and were breaking quite often. Panther Creek is trying to fix this problem by buying TV’s that will not need to have expensive parts replaced often or at all. Dr. Hedrick said “these TV’s are meant to help teachers be able to be anywhere in the room and still be able to continue a lesson on the TV”.

We went back and told Gabby Rogers that the TV’s were replacing the Projectors that were eating up money and then she liked the idea of the purchase of the Smart TV’s. Dr. Hedrick said “my goal is to have one of these Smart TV’s in every classroom at Panther Creek.” Be on the lookout for more of these Smart TV’s Panther Creek students.