Seniors Share What They Will Miss About Panther Creek

Alex Zietlow, Reporter

With the fourth quarter of the 2014-2015 school year in full swing, it is understandable for students of the senior class to be reminiscent and nostalgic.

The individuals of the class of 2015 have experienced four years of development and change.  They’ve not only pursued earning good grades and participating in extracurricular activities, but also have built relationships with friends, teachers, and coaches that would ideally last longer than their stay at Panther Creek.

As Ty Giggey of the senior class implied, he’s going to miss much more than what a simple application asks for.

“I’ll probably miss the teachers and other people that I made connections with this past year,” he said.  “I’m going to miss tennis with my boys, especially with the tennis team’s two top studs.”

Are you going to miss PC when you graduate?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Senior Tyler Goldbach also shared that he is also going to miss his time at Panther Creek – more notably, his senior year here.

“I’ve loved senior year.  I’ll miss Coach Rob and Coach Denton [the most],” Goldbach said.  “They’re really mentors to the students.”

Seniors are quickly entering into the mindset of being excited for college yet sad about ending the life they had spent so much time making for themselves.  And for senior Sarah Oechslin, she feels a bit ambiguous about the prospects of leaving Panther Creek.

“I’m excited to go to college, but at the same time sad to leave all my friends because of all the strong relationships I’ve made during high school,” she said.  “It’s bitter sweet.”

Graduation is just around the corner.  Soon some people who talk everyday now may never speak again.  But at the same time, the college experience – which traditionally is labeled as the best time of one’s life – is just beginning.

Some members of the senior class are overjoyed that their high school experience is almost over, while some are not quite ready to leave yet.  Then there are those in the middle, where the majority of the class of 2015 lies, who see this time of the year as “bitter sweet”.