Spring Band Concert

Zoe Paige, Editor

One of our greatest achievements at Panther Creek is our art program. One of the most progressive programs in the art department is the marching band. During marching season Panther Creek was undefeated in their conference. They participated in multiple competitions including the MPA, a competition that judged the school based on three part performance, finishing in second place. Another accomplishment was finishing in the semifinals at the regional conference. Band has over two-hundred students at Panther Creek that share a common interest, the love of music. Band doesn’t just teach you about music but it teaches you how to socialize and meet friends. Band showed off their great talent on Tuesday May 20th and Wednesday May 21st at Panther Creek High School at 7:00 p.m in the school’s auditorium.

Band is a community within the school. Different types of people join together to play in harmony and show their great talents to the world. With so many accomplishments the band has learned many things from this four year experience. We interviewed some members of the Panther Creek Band to ask for insight of what they got from being in the PCHS marching band. “I like the large size of it….that we all collaborated together,” said Junior, Eunice Seo. Multiple band members think that it’s exciting to see how long hours of hard work from dozens of band members’ musical instruments perfectly synchronize together at their concerts.  Junior Klein Ruyes, learned that in band “everyone has a certain job to accomplish this one thing (performing a song) and if they don’t work together to accomplish that one thing, it will not work.”
This hard work does not just include their one class during third period but involves before and after school. Band for students can be a way for them to feel at home, Senior Lauren Kudlick found it as her “comfort zone,” because it was a way to help her transition since she moved a lot. She’s not the only one.  Watching multiple band concerts makes me also appreciate the beauty of classical music. It’s refreshing to hear and is fun to watch. That is good once in a while to listen to classical music. Hearing from the Panther Creek is the best way to learn about it. Through common interest many members were able to make people happy while making friends through music.

Zoe Paige