Catamounts Talk Style

Seniors Rachel Mann and Alex Nizich showing their styles.

Justin Eisner

Charlie Kim, Reporter

Whether you get dressed in the dark and don’t care what you wear or spend hours preparing your style for school, everyone at Panther Creek has a distinct look.  From preppy and indie to laid-back and classic Southern, style is represented in our hallways, and each person has their own reason for putting their looks together the way they do.

Stephen showing his preppy style
Stephen Risk’s “frocket” is commonly worn as a preppy fashion.

Junior Stephen Risk identifies his look as “preppy,” and he chooses that style simply because he likes to look nice, with his favorite brands being Vineyard Vines and Ralph Lauren.  Likewise, senior Rachel Mann chose the preppy look because she also enjoys looking nice and when she’s shopping – she favors American Eagle Outfitters.

Austin Kerr's Chacos
Austin Kerr’s Chacos help define his independent style.

Senior Austin Kerr has an “indie” style, which he selects because he likes comfortable clothes.  His favorite looks include Chacos and t-shirts.  Also interested in comfort is junior Jordan Cain, who enjoys dressing in a “southern hospitality” style that includes boots, Levi jeans, and Hanes t-shirts because he finds them comfy to wear.  Adding to his look is practicality, since he can walk through anything without damaging his boots, since they are waterproof.

Freshman Alex Robertson leans toward the skater style, influenced by the looks of his friends.  His favorite brand to wear is Vans, which completes his laid-back look.  However, not everyone at Panther Creek sticks to just one style.  Senior Alex Nizich describes herself as a “preppy hipster” since she “enjoys looking nice but also tries to be different.”

In the end, the way someone dresses does not necessarily tell you what kind of person they are, but can tell you a lot about how someone wants to present themselves to others.  At Panther Creek, it’s not only about the clothes someone wears, but getting to know the people who wear them.