Friends, Family, and Reflection: A Panther Creek Thanksgiving

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

The+turkey+has+become+a+common+dish+to+be+shared+each+and+every+Thanksgiving+since+the+very+first.+Artistic+components+like+above+has+become+traditional+artwork+each+year+by+students+of+all+ages.+

Charlie Kim

The turkey has become a common dish to be shared each and every Thanksgiving since the very first. Artistic components like above has become traditional artwork each year by students of all ages.

Charlie Kim, Reporter

Thanksgiving dates back to the country’s earliest days, when pilgrims were struggling to find food to eat, eventually leading to the famous shared meal with Native Americans.  While both groups were thankful for their lives at the time, Panther Creek students also have things to be thankful for.  PCNN talked to several students to find out where they have focused their gratitude this holiday season.

Thankful for Friends and Family

Senior Austin Kerr is thankful to be getting a cast off of his wrist this Thanksgiving, and he plans to spend the holiday just relaxing at home with his family.

Likewise, junior Stephen Risk doesn’t plan to travel this Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t take away from how much he’s thankful for.  Risk says that he is thankful for his family, and the fact that he gets to benefit from so many extra perks that not everyone all over the world gets to enjoy.

Junior Victor Eduardo plans to fill himself with his two favorite foods – turkey and macaroni and cheese – to celebrate the holiday.  He’s thankful for all of the relationships in his life, including friends, family, and teachers, as well as the ability to experience each new day fully.

Sophomore Juliana Cortez is hitting the road this Thanksgiving to visit family in Greensboro.  During her travels, she’ll be sure to take a moment to be thankful for her family and friends, and everyone she loves.

Finally, freshman Gabby Rogers wants to get hands-on this holiday, playing basketball in the morning and then helping her father prepare the turkey dinner.  She’s thankful for her family, friends, food, in addition to the everyday things that people often forget to remember, like waking up every morning.

Take Time to Reflect

Whatever your holiday plans are, hopefully you’ll have a stress-free and relaxing Thanksgiving, and you’ll take a moment to express gratitude for all of your favorite things.  With five days off of school, everyone will be grateful for a little bit of rest and relaxation above all.