The Prep Work Before Prom

Ashley Voss, Reporter

The topic on everyone’s mind is prom — at least for junior and seniors. Girls in particular are still running looking for the perfect dress, jewelry, and of course the perfect date. Guys on the other hand, are just now going into tuxedo places getting fitted for the perfect tux and hoping that the “girl of their dreams” hasn’t already been asked. Not only are prom looks being worried about but before and after prom plans have a good portion of the upperclassmen student body worrying. Now that tickets are being sold and the hotel has been given out, everyone feels the pressure to get everything done before it’s too late and all the good things are gone. 

What are your pre-prom plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

No one wants to go home after prom because they are still hyped up, they want the moment to last forever. Prom plans are never easy because people have to agree on the same thing which, can always be a challenge. We asked some students what their plans are and some took longer than others to think about. “Before prom my group is meeting at my date’s house to take pictures, then we are going to Carrabba’s Italian Grill for dinner then getting in our limo and heading to prom” said Senior Da’shaquan Campbell. After prom plans are a little different junior Megan Jordan said, “After prom my group is planning on going Midnight Bowling!”

The perfect dress is often hard to come by because there are so many different types to choose from. From A shape dresses, to princess dresses, and everything in between, girls go through more than one dress trying to find the right one. To help out, PCNN reporters tried on some dresses that could help them decide as well as put together a graphic of different types of dresses.

Prom is a special night for all who go even though they’re given the opportunity to go twice both junior and senior year, and everyone wants it to be special. No matter your plans, remember to be safe and have a wonderful, memorable night. 

What are your post-prom plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...