Senior Picnic 2015 – One Last Goodbye

Essence Lee

Photo Booth Fun

Kayla Balthazar, Student Life Editor

Besides coming back for exams, the senior class’s last day of school is quite simple. They go to first period, some of second then make their way to the auditorium for senior awards and to see the legendary senior tribute. After this the seniors are rewarded for all their hard work done throughout the year with the picnic that lasts from lunch to the end of the day. Recess for most places ends after elementary school so the senior picnic is symbol of their last recess before entering the “real world”.

Since the picnic goes through lunch, a fast food restaurant which the school books is contacted to cater for the seniors. According to junior marshal Aman Dalal (11), junior marshals are strictly juniors and they help lead the seniors to where they need to be for the picnic and set up the activities in the football stadium. Activities include a watermelon eating contest, sports (football, soccer, frisbee, etc.), water-balloon toss, beanbag tossing, yearbook signing and limbo. At each activity seniors are given the opportunity to get raffle tickets to win gift cards announced at the end of the picnic.

Seniors love the senior picnic because its a free day to relax with the friends they’ve made throughout the years and see old friends they might have lost close contact from past years. After four years, they finally get a chance to say goodbye. All around its an emotional yet fun day for the senior class.