Over Looked

Over Looked

Cameron Leblanc, Reporter

This year the Panther Creek Volleyball team has been on a roll and just won the conference championship for the SWAC(SouthWest Athletic Conference). Despite having a losing record last year and almost coming in last place in the SWAC, the girls of this year’s team have an overall record of 17-4 and a conference record of 14-2. The team played against Fuquay last week to win the SWAC regular season champion.

When asked about what changed from last years team to this year’s team Caitlyn Della, a senior on the team who is committed to play volleyball at Wake Forest University next year, said, “We have a better team dynamic.” She also said, “We want to win more, opposed to last year when we came in second to last and didn’t really care.” This year the team has bigger goals and wants to accomplish more during this season, especially the seniors because this is their last time playing high school volleyball. Cassie Zietlow, a senior on the team, said her goals are,”To make playoffs and go very far in the state playoffs, as well as winning the SWAC.”

The girls are now winning games and having fun while doing it too. When asked about their favorite memory from this year Cassie Zietlow said it was,”Making history and beating Apex in five sets for the first time in team history.” The team has beat Apex twice and just beat Fuquay for a second time this year to clinch the team’s first ever SWAC championship.