Who got pep? We got pep! Panther, Creek, Catamounts!

Kayla Balthazar, Editor in Chief

On Friday, January 29th, Panther Creek HS had their second annual pep rally to get the student body excited for the PC v. GH basketball game that night! Freshmen viewed the rally on the tvs in their classrooms due to the main gym reaching capacity.

The pep rally started with Coach Hepp giving a warm welcome to students as they entered the gym. Students were assisted on where to sit by students and faculty, including the infamous chaos leaders. After the warm welcome, the chaos leaders continued to lead the student body by class in a chant and wave. Seniors seated on the home side of the gym shouted “panther”, juniors seated on the guests side of the gym shouted “creek”, and sophomores seated on the floor shouted, “catamounts”. Then, the wave began with the seniors and continued clockwise around the gym.

The pep rally consisted of the following set of events: a varsity cheer squad performance, a challenge to determine who can do the best rollercoaster between juniors and seniors, and a dance team performance. There was also a dance off between the women’s and men’s basketball team, volleyball team and teachers. The most exciting portion of the rally based off cheers and laughter was the Chaos Leaders v. Administration basketball game. Ultimately the all-star of the chaos team was player 24, Brendan Barrett who shot 2 3-pointers and the all-star of the administration team was player 44, Mr. Olin who scored the only points for the team. Although there was doubts that the chaos leaders would win, they pulled out a 9-3 win and have bragging rights for the rest of the year.