PC Students Affected by Hurricane Matthew

Greyson Jonczyk

Ryan Wills, Reporter

Cary, N.C.—the following week after the storm, students of Panther Creek High School provide personal analysis on the effects of hurricane Matthew. Brandon Bennett, a senior attending Panther creek explains what he did with the following day off, “I just stayed at home and got some extra work done. I also spent some time with my family as well.”

Some students used the day off to their advantage in order to catch up on missing work or to get an edge on the upcoming week. As the storm was in action many plans were canceled due to the significant amount of rain. Hannah Mitchell, also a senior at Panther creek describes her personal experience during the storm,“I wasn’t allowed to stay the other half of the NC state football game and I had to stay home for the rest of the weekend due to the conditions”

Hannah Mitchell also stated her opinion on the use of the extra day off given by WCPSS, “The roads were flooding out multiple cars throughout Cary”

The power outages severely affected the amount of work that was able to be completed for students. Taylor Nishimoto another senior at Panther creek clarifies how the power outage affected her weekend, “It made the weekend kind of bad because I was one of the victims whose power went out and I was trying to complete my college applications.”